1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Removing the "cooldown" for pick pocket

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by SlickRCBD, Mar 16, 2011.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'd like to remove the "cooldown" timer for picking pockets. Can anybody suggest how to do that? I can't find any feat for such a thing, and the toolset has no documentation. I found skills.2da, but it has no indication of where the timer is either. If I can't turn off the timer, I'd like to set it to 1 second instead of 6-7.

I'm playing the OC alone in single-player mode. I'm aware of why there is a "cooldown" timer for pick-pocket, and it makes sense for a multiplayer game, but it seems to serve no purpose other than to waste my time in the single-player game. I'd rather get on with the game instead of standing around, hitting "pick pocket", waiting, then hitting it again until i've finished looting the merchants. Add the save scrumming and it takes over an hour to rob everyone in Fort Locke.
    Unrealistic, maybe, but waiting for the "cooldown" timer is BORING. Hence, my desire to remove pointless tedium.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why not just cheat in gold and buy the stuff you want to steal? It's faster.

3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Because you can only steal so much, and I hadn't figured out that you CAN steal items like in Baldur's Gate. It's not in the manual. How would I steal say the Magic Bag from the Innkeeper, or the other lessor bag of holding from Galen?

I wanted to stay in the limits on what gold is available, and I have no way of knowing how much that is until I've done the stealing. All I wanted to do was speed things up as I find it tedious and boring.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I just realized this forum was for both Neverwinter Nights games. I'm trying to remove the cooldown for NWN2 so I can pickpocket the merchants, but removing it from both would be appreciated.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

It definitely requires 2da editting. I can't recall which one off the top of my head, and don't have NWN2 (nor 1) installed on my laptop, but when I get back home in a few days I'll be able to check for you then.

Until then I'd say you'd be more likely to find it in the Feat.2da. I can't think where else it would be - and there definitely is a Cooldown constant in the Feat 2da. Take a look there, and if it's not then let me know and I'll do a better search when I get back.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The skills.2da file indicates teh "cosmopolitan feat" whatever that means has an ID of 1325, but in the feats.2da file, the feat #1325 is "extra_slot_wizard_level_3"
    Code:
    1325	FEAT_EXTRA_SLOT_WIZARD_LEVEL3	111851	113142	ife_extraslot	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	4	****	****	****	0	0	1	****	****	****	****	1	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	FEAT_EXTRA_SLOT_WIZARD_LEVEL3	5	****	7	10	****	****	0	SPELLCASTING_FT_CAT	0	0	****	****	0	0	****	****
    I found this in feat.2da:

Code:
    1266	FEAT_COSMOPOLITAN_SLEIGHT_OF_HAND	111792	113141	isk_pocket	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	0	0	0	****	****	****	****	1	****	****	23	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	****	FEAT_COSMOPOLITAN_SLEIGHT_OF_HAND	5	****	****	****	1	****	0	BACKGROUND_FT_CAT	0	0	****	****	0	0	****	****
    Here is the line from skills.2da
    Code:
    13	SleightOfHand	282	358	isk_pocket	0	DEX	1	1	****	****	SKILL_SLEIGHT_OF_HAND	1	1325	1	****	0	0
    And this puts me at my wits end.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.