1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Send SP a Postcard!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Going on a holiday somewhere you send postcards from? Well, here's you latest mission. From now on, buy one more and send it to SP!

As you can see in this thread ( http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=002215 ), Bel hinted that he might be the one doing the collection, but I only mailed him now so I'm not sure yet. Stay tuned for the address to send to and more details. If anyone has any questions, out with them!

Once we get a postcard, it'll be scanned and put online in a gallery here, so we should have postcards from the whole world in no time. Or that's the idea, anyway. :D

[ August 24, 2002, 20:38: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Could we just send a postcard from our house too?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Everyone seems to want to do that, so who am I to argue. :D
    Anyway, that'll be a good start since the holidays are mostly over for everyone this year.

Just waiting for Sprite to post her address now.

4. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yes, I am truly hard-core now: posting my address on the Internet :eek:

Anyway, please send your SP postcards to:

912 Briar Hill Avenue
    Toronto, Ontario
    M6B 1M2
    Canada

Any cards received will be scanned and posted here ASAP.

[Edit #2: You don't need to have a person's name on a postcard to get it delivered in Canada. Just the address is fine. If you're feeling friendly and want to add a name too, why not just address it to "Sorcerer's Place"? Consider my house the SP embassy in Canada. ;) ]

[Edit #1: Taluntain reminded me to add, sign any postcards you send with your board name please!]

[ September 19, 2002, 00:42: Message edited by: Sprite ]

5. Taluntain

Media:
    There we go... Once we get stickies I'll nail this post in here.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Next time I go on holidays, there's no such thing as a postcard where I live. Nothing to put on them :)

7. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Bump.

Plus I'm really, really gonna have to look for a perfect one for youse guys from Washington, DC.

8. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Try to pick one which doesn't depict our nation's capital as residing in an area where the per-capita murder rate is one of the highest in our country...

9. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Whooopee! SP postcards!

Prepare to get one from Cologne, you lucky people!

Can we write humorous messages on the back?

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Well, duh. Make it interesting. :D

11. Sprite Gems: 15/31

No postcards yet! I am now so depressed I can't even look in the mailbox- I feel like Charlie Brown on Valentine's day. :(

I updated the post with my address to the effect that you don't need to address the postcard to me, specifically- just put the address on the postcard, and a suitable stamp of course, preferably an interesting one since I'm a stamp-geek. :)

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I completely forgot it, and I think everyone else did to.

[ September 19, 2002, 18:49: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

13. Taluntain

Media:
    I'll make it a sticky once UBB finally gets them.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We'll send a postcard Sprite! (8people, Frosty and Perhaps even BlackCat!)

We'll try and get a nice funny one! :roll:

15. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah! We'll send you one Sprite, with nice pictures and all!

Wow!

:wave:

Frosty
    (Postcard Mania! :D )

16. Aziraphale Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I just sent one from Singapour :D Kinda boring but it's the thought that counts, yeah?

I'll maybe send from Australia if your lucky :D

17. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Can i draw a postcard myself? Just asking. I am little bit confused.

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Okay, SP is collecting postcards. Cool. Tell me WHY, and I'll be glad to contribute. To show where our addicts go or something?

19. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Any one here see the movie Amelie?

With the Gnome traveling all over the world?

We could take pictures of Boo from all over the country.

Boo in front of the Sears Tower (I could submit that), Boo at the Pentagon ... Boo at the Crazy Horse Saloon ...

20. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Ezellohar - Sure you can draw a postcard, or write the address on the back of a photograph and stamp it, or whatever you like. The Canadian post office will deliver anything. A friend of mine once successfully mailed a stamped coconut to a girl he wanted to impress (no, it didn't work, but *I* was impressed, plus I had fun helping him shave it to make the stamp stick). The only limitation is what will fit in my scanner so we can show it to the rest of SP. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.