1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Jun 20, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates -> Staffers Wanted

I have updated the Staffers Wanted page with a lot of extra info - and a new contact. Currently we could use additional news reporters, online walkthrough writers, banner makers and some other people.

Subsection Updates -> Community

Some editing of the outdated info took place on the main page here, but more importantly, I've updated the About Us subsection. Mollusken got promoted to the Head Daily News Editor (deservedly), and Z-Layrex and TBR were added as news reporters, along with their short biographies. Welcome aboard, landlubbers!

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Worlds

Thanks to some work on part of TBR, we have also updated the Fantasy Fiction subsection. Many a good new tale posted in our Creativity Surge forum has been added, so make sure to read all about it, and submit your own stories if you think they're missing!

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale

There were two additions made here, the updated HoW Spells Guide in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection, and Winter's Bane in the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection. Winter's Bane is, by the way, the first fan-made IWD/HoW mod that actually made it to completion.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

Starting with the most original submission, we have a big pack o' fun connected with BG2 NPCs' voice interactions in the Miscellanea subsection.

Moving on to the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection...

In Subsection #3, you can find the latest version of Extremist's bug-squashing SP Fixpack, and the fix for triple class mages' high level abilities.

In Subsection #7, I've updated the info about the Travelers in Time mod, which somehow slipped by me and went and released itself. How rude... Anyway, it's 171MB in size and sounds very interesting, so be sure to check it out.

The final new addition here is in the TeamBG subsection, where you can find a link to a new mod called Reign of Virtue.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale 2

In the Editors, Hacks & Custom Characters subsection we have another new portrait pack from our good friend also responsible for all others listed there. Great stuff, as usual.

In the Miscellanea subsection I've added a little showcase of armour, weapons and the druid's Wildshape bar, and updated the Concept Art & Images page with some new portraits.

There are also about 20 new screenshots in the Screenshots subsection, many of them showing the game's new interface.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Neverwinter Nights

In the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection I've added links to Amazon where you can order the two official game guides - the Adventure guide and the World Builder guide.

Moving on, in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection you can find a little peek at the henchmen & NPCs of the official game campaign. There you will also find a link to the tips for beginner DMs.

I've spent a lot of time on research and updated the monsters list in this subsection as well. I believe it now lists just about all horrors NWN will frighten us with.

The most painful for extraction was the list of spells, which you can find here as well. It's a complete list of all wizardly spells, from cantrips to level 9 spells, info directly from the game. Enjoy!

Next is the Editors, Hacks & Tweaks subsection. Here I've updated the models page with the latest models released by BioWare, and added the latest versions of the Bif and Mod Unpacker programs.

There is only one new addition in the Toolset & Related subsection, a link to where you can download 2 new Tilesets, Desert & Egyptian.

In the Miscellanea subsection I've updated the movies list with the latest new movie, and added the NWN Goes Gold press release.

Final, and probably the most impressive new addition today is in the Screenshots subsection. Due to its massive size I've now split it into 3 separate galleries. Today's addition is gallery #3 with 120 new screenshots, bringing the grand total of unique screenshots to 519. I wonder if we could get in the Guiness Book of Records for having the biggest NWN screenshot gallery in the world? ;)

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.