1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic - Favoured Jedi Class

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Series' started by The Kilted Crusader, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A few more questions:

1) At what point are you able to start taking Jedi levels? I'm already a level 6 scoundrel and I'd like to start taking levels as a Guardian Jedi...but I'm not sure how it will come about. Does the game make it obvious? Do I have to find Bastila first? Try and answer without spoilers if you can.

2) To Laches, JSBB, and others...are you sure about the dexterity/weapon finesse thing w/ regard to Light Sabers? Everywhere I've read so far claims that Strength determines your melee to hit/damage, even with light sabers. This is the first place I've heard that Dex favors them. And about weapon finesse - is it an automatically gained feat/attribute, or do you have to choose it as a feat?

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Death Rabbit

1) There is a plot development that forces you to switch over to taking jedi levels. If I recall correctly, you should be no higher than level 8 in your initial class when this happens.

2) There is definitely an automatic weapons finesse effect of lightsabres. I have always played with characters having higher dexterity than strength and I have always received the dexterity score's bonus to my hit rolls.

3. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yes. Check the bioware site for official verification. You can also check gamefaqs.com. The manual is pretty poor for the game and leaves quite a bit out.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Okies...cool. Thanks fellas. I'm sure I'll post another goofy question tomorrow...so don't stray too far. :D

5. Laches Gems: 19/31

I'd add that you can "save" levels if you'd like. That is how joacqin was able to be a level 4 scout/16 consular. I personally always 'saved' levels myself.

If you want to do this you just don't level up when given the option and keep playing the game. Eventually, when you are able to become a jedi, you are able to take those earned levels as a jedi. I think this might be a worthwhile way to do things, particularly as a consular, since a jedi gains access to a lot of neat powers etc. and you may want to have the opportunity to play around with as many of those powers as you can without having to play through the game again. It was a long time ago, but I think that I played a scout 3/consular 17 once.

Be aware that saving too many levels USED to cause a slight bug on the XBOX version at least. What happened is that the members of your group who were not actually in your party would not level at the same progression as the rest of the party. The effect was that at mid levels they'd be a couple of levels behind your PC and at high levels they'd catch up. This was never a problem for me, and it may have been fixed in a patch, but you should be aware that it was at one time a problem.

So, you had a level 6 scoundrel. I'm not sure because it has been a while but I seem to recall that a scoundrel gains a sneak attack at odd levels. I can't recall what else the scoundrel gains at what levels. You may decide that you want one more level of scoundrel to 7 but then save the next level for a jedi class level. Saving only one level will have virtually no effect on the game even if the experience bug persists.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I always liked the 8/12 scoundrel-consular - you get an extra +1 BAB and +1 feat vs a 7/13 and the consular has plenty of force power.

7. Laches Gems: 19/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.