1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SW Battlefront

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Tap Dancing Oyster, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I have just brought this game for the Xbox and after a couple of hours playing I am suprised how keen I am to get home and have another blast.

I have only played the single player and I was wondering what it is like on Xbox live?

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've heard the AI is horrible for this game so I'm skeptical about purchasing it.

3. Soren Vracian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The game is best when played 1 on 1, with a team of AI players for each player, under their command. When played like that, it is easily one of the most enjoyable games on the market right now, hands down.

4. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31

Veteran

I'd imagine it would be, a friend is coming over tonight. We are going to link up our Xboxs and give that a go.
    The single player seems a little easy (on normal level) - I've been strolling through it so far. Still good fun though! dispite a few gripes

5. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I rented the PS@ version. A friend and I "co-opted" the game and finished it in one night.
    In my opinion the online version isn't much more exciting. Everyone pretty much runs around and shoots. I played with one group that actually used some sort of strategy. Each of us choose a specific character class to play. Made it a little more fun.
    Id say if you can get a large enough group, set some guidlines, play with a little more stealth and not just running around like loonies, youll have fun.
    After the week rental period, I was pretty much done though.

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I played it with some of my friends in a LAN-weekend :)

It's easily one of the greatest LAN games ever:

Some highlights:

Battle of Hoth: controlling the AT-ATs while some of your friends are flying the snowspeeders, and vice versa.

Geonosis: We played on the same team in this one. I was the pilot in the transport ship, while two of my other friends were gunners. The fourth guy was the designated "paratrooper" who would jump out with his jetpack and grab the flags, while we kept him covered with supporting fire.

Good stuff! :D

7. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Battlefront is easily one of my favourite games of all time -- even beating out the original Baldur's Gate. About the AI... The reviews can deceive you; don't trust them. The AI is quite good (except when you're telling an allied troop to get in a vehicle with you), the types of troops are diverse and well-rounded, as are their weapons. No one unit is massively overpowered (except maybe the Droideka -- those things are mean). Also, I got it the day it came out and played it for 12 hours straight, and I noticed something -- the AI seems to have at least moderate capability to learn -- not nearly as much as a human can, but that's probably several centuries away -- but even that is something most other games can't boast.

If a person reading this game has doubts about buying it -- rent it first. Play it before buying it. Give it a chance. It'll prove its worth to you, unless you just plain don't like first- or third-person shooters.

-- Aszlari Swordbringer, the Bringer of Swords

8. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31

I rented this not long ago.I thought the game was great fun.The graphics are good and the gameplay is well done.I do reccommend having the ability to play online though ,playing the computer was fun but I think that it would become boring after a while.
    I do think I will pick up it for pc after the price drops some.After all does it get much better than the battle for Hoth.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.