1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TDD Mod

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Khazraj, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I dunno... I have found this mod to be somewhat... I dunno. I can't say I hate it, but I can't say that I'm impressed either...

What do you guys reckon? :confused:

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

TOO many grammar mistakes.

Eze
    (The Queen of GRAMMAR)

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I agree - waaaaaaaaaay too many grammar mistakes as well as too many kit choices - I spent entirely too much time reading all of the kit descriptions and realizing that the benefits for a lot of them were not too great. The only two that I liked were Cleric of Mystra and Spellsword.

Also, when I had the alternate movies installed, the game would freeze up after exiting Irenicus' dungeon - I never even got to play the game with TDD installed!!

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG] Add me to the list of people who think there are too many grammer errors. I feel that it is an all around crappy mod. Personally, I like my mods a maximum of 10Mb. :rolling:

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I dont know how but i didnt come across too many grammar errors. Perhaps its fixed in 1.03 patch. Try getting this patch first and then try it.

But i was very much bothered by all those copied areas :mad: :mad:
    An example: I come to an area and i see a dungeon entrance :) . I say nice lets go crawling. The first area is temple sewers with all the same monsters (except that mugger band). Than i go to next area: Firkraag dungeon :confused: (i hate such dungeons before any tough fights).Great :( . I spend another few hours inside that jail. At the end i ended up casting invinsibility 15'radius and stalk to the last exit. Then i ended up outside where i'm supposed to get a key to rescue a boy inside the prison. i go wandering aroud an slaying some frost giants until i come across a cave. Well i got the key and unlocked the boys jail but he didnt react at all :eek: just standing there and whining (he didnt want to talk to me either).
    So i spend a lot of time just for this non-working quest :mad: I killed the boy and then make my way out with fireballs ;)

6. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I thought it was good.. although all those extra spells from IWD meant that Cleric/Ranger had lost its usefulness...(therer are more spells than space)

7. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Bugs, grammar mistakes, more bugs, more grammar mistakes, copied areas, freezing bugs, even more grammar mistakes, can not get out bugs, and did i mention grammar mistakes? or bugs?

Not worth the 300 mb download before they can make it WeiDU-based.

8. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I think TDD was a good attempt but it was just sloppy. Spelling errors, bad dialogue..and some of the kits..Yeesh. Come on. Some of them were just redundant. Marksman and Sniper? Yes there are *some* differences but all in all, it's like an Archer.

Like the numerous bard variants. Minstrel? Musician? Also, why would a buccaneer be put in the Bard group? I seriously doubt that the pirate, captain Morgan, picked up lute and strummed out a hearty verse while in a pitched battle against the Spanish navy.

Why would a samurai be under a ranger class? Also, they were skilled in other weapons as well. Halberds, spears, really BIG two handed katanas, even maces. Yes, samurai used blunt weapons!

I'm more than positive that (if it's made) the Weidu version will much more entertaining. Removing some kits, improving grammar, weapons and the like. Even some enemy AI maybe.

Gabriel

9. jcompton Gems: 9/31

I wouldn't count on a WeiDU version.

The original developers abandoned TDD shortly after its launch, the people who picked up the mantle and did bugfixes, text fixes, and the TOB compatibility module showed no interest in using WeiDU even though it was available and up to the task, and the people who DO know WeiDU well would much rather work on new projects than rehabilitate TDD.

10. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

A WeiDU version wouldn't really be worth the trouble, in my view.
    What you really seem to be asking for is tweaks to the mod itself, something which a conversion to WeiDU would obviously not achieve in itself.
    My opinion is that time would be better spent making these tweaks than converting TDD to WeiDU.

11. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Come on guys, there is alot of effort in mods like this, especially an independant one. Yes, there is bound to be grammar errors and bugs, but then again, so does ToB! Not as many, but they are there. I do agree on the kits though. It sounds like theyve gone out onto the streets and said 'Do you like ADnD?'
    If yes, then
    'What specific class would you like to see?'
    If no, then
    'Then F**k off.'

Anyway,
    Cheers.

12. Kid of Creation Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If they made "that" much of an effort they could have at least written some decent dialogue.
    Sorry but such a big download really is not worth the time compared to other mods at 1/5th of the download size and twice the fun.

13. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I tend to agree. The "Eshpurta Quest" if it can be called that was like a kindergarten story....

In fact that would have been more entertaining and realistic...

I found that one really dull. TDD is just not cutting it.

Now if you want a good well prepared mod, go for Tortured Souls, it runs very smoothly. At least it does for me because I am not using 73 other mods at the same time...

14. Tam1970 Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well, once I actually got it to run, I loved the Darkest Day. I thought it was a damned good shot at an addon done by people who don't get paid for it by Bioware and I enjoy it.

my two euros

Tam

15. CDekking Gems: 1/31

Bugs/oddities and annoyances I found while playing TDD, in no particular order. I have TDD installed with the fully patched version of BG:II SoA, no other mods installed. These errors and bugs may be specific to my operating system, but these are problems I have not encountered while playing BG:II SoA without a mod installed, so I'm assuming these are strictly TDD irregularities.

During the Unseeing Eye quest in the Temple district, when you put the two Rift Device pieces together, it completely disappears from your inventory, no where to be found. Have fun getting slain by the Unseeing Eye, time and time again. Hurray! This can be fixed using Shadow Keeper, and importing the completed Rift Device into your inventory.

In your quest to defeat the Shadow Lord in the Ruined Temple area, when you find all three pieces for the Symbol of Amaunator, it fantastically disappears from your inventory, and is no where to be found. Once again, you can import that item via a saved game using Shadow Keeper.

During various quest dialogue/"cutscenes" in TDD, when normally a PC or NPC would engage in dialogue, and generally in proximity circumstances, (quest creature can see PC/NPC) summoned creatures (friendly to PC) will sometimes "trigger" that quest dialogue. This usually results in the HUD dropping, while the quest creature tries to initiate dialogue with your golem, or fire elemental, invisibile stalker, etc. Dialogue never initiates, and you can watch your characters sway back and forth, saying nothing, for hours on end! Ctrl-Alt-Delete to end task. Hurray! This was particularly prevalent in the end-quest boss fight while in the Purskall Mine, though noticed else where.

The crossbow "Firetooth +5", mentions requiring no ammunition, (bolts). When placed in a weapon slot and used without bolts in a quiver slot, it will freeze the game. Took me a while to figure that one out. Hurray!

Resting in any Trollford area, (outside, sewers, dungeon) will freeze the game.

Attempting to retrieve the Budgie to enter the mines in Purskal resulted in both the Firewood and Budgie majestically disappearing from inventory. Another wonderfully executed spell of Save-Alt-Tab-Shadow-Keeper will get you on your way in this tasty pickle of an adventure.

While in Spellhold, when the Hand of Dace is required to open the giant talking head passageway, the Crystal guarded by the kobolds never generates itself, meaning you can't pick it up, therein, you will not open the passageway. Have fun in Spellhold, 'cause you're gonna be there for a while. Shadow Keeper saves the day once again.

I haven't quite finished the game yet, but I'll update this as I find more issues.

16. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Holy thread necromancy Batman!

17. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

Sounds like nothing has changed in 12 years...

Anthropoid likes this.
  18. Anthropoid Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

We're probably all a bit more cynical and fat.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.