1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Robe of Vecna?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Barstool, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Barstool Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have heard about this robe in some of the messages but I have no idea what it is. Can some poor unfortunate soul tell me please.
    Also can someone tell me what level I should dual-class my Kensai. I want to change it to a Kensai/Mage.

2. cirian16 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would say a good level would be 12 but Ive never been to good as to when to duel and as for the robe of venca heres its stats.....

Robe of Vecna
    This robe doesn't even have close to the power that the two famous artifacts, the Hand and Eye of Vecna possess. Still, from simply being worn by the powerful lich, the robe absorbed enough magical energies to become a potent magic item.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:
    AC: base set to 5
    Improves casting speed by 4
    +10% Magic Resistance
    Weight: 3
    Only usable by:
    Mage (single, dual, & multi-class)

This means its GREAT! armor for a kensai/mage the ac makes up for the no armor restriction and improving casting time by four....lets just say you can't snap your fingers faster than some of your spell casting times.For a kensai/mage this is probably the best armor possible.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    And, it is a bonus merchant item.

You can get it only by downloading the thing with the two bonus merchants in the BG2 section, under the cheats & whatever section.

Then you can buy it from Deidre, who appears in the back of the Adventurers' mart.

Ara
    (Insanity in the disguise of annoyance)

4. Barstool Gems: 1/31

Oh ok, well what's the go with the eye then? Is it possible to get it?
    With the Kensai/Mage, I heard that it might be a bonus to dual class at 9. WEhat is tyhe difference between dualing at 9 or 12 other then the Kai ability?

5. Grah'huk Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] If you dual from level 9, then you can still reach lvl 32 as a mage with the ToB xp cap. Otherwise, you're down a level (or two, i think).

6. cirian16 Gems: 4/31

The eye and the hand don't exsist in the game itself and as for duelling at a certain level....the kensai gets some kind of bonus every two lvls I think(something to do with speed factor and such and such I can't remember to well)so the lower level you duel the less you get I'd suggjest lvl 12 again as a good dueling lvl you get a little bonus and youll still be able to get to a high level with mage.

7. Don't tell Extremist about this.

But seriously, the Robe is great, IMO better than Elven chain. Reel off 4 Abi-Dalzims before they can blink... :D

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited March 08, 2002).]

8. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The Robe is insane really...

9. cirian16 Gems: 4/31

Yes its rather overpowered especally when you get timestop and improved alacrity because then you can cast....a heck of alot of spells but hey....nice way to end a series......but...why does it have to end!?*cries*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.