1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things that make you laugh

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TelexStar, Oct 10, 2000.

1. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I've noticed a few things that made me laugh . . . I highly recommend that you check them out if you have'nt already spotted them.

In the adventurers mart, there are two pictures from the kiddies cartoon Dungeons & Dragons depicting their demise by Tiamat.

Just outside the circus tent there are a few cages. One of them has a Moose and a Squirrel (another cartoon related thing)

In the Shade Lord quest - theres an Indiana Jones Style Puzzle.

Please reply if you've noticed others.

2. Grumblebelly Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Yoshimo says "If memory serves..." when you click on him. Straight out of Iron Chef. Cracked me up.

3. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

1. The Umar Hills Witch Project
    2. Minsc: "Rangers and hampsters everywhere, rejoice!!!"
    3. Minsc's explanation of how he hid Boo

4. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

(spoil, if u haven't gotten that far)
    Tiax, from bg1 in the asylum and how he still thinks he is going to dominate the world.

5. My funniest moment so far: Using Charm Animal on a moose and trying to use it as a shield behind which to fire arrows (although the moose was in my party, it refused to attack. Bad moose! baaaad moose!)

6. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31

The conversation Jan has with Keldorn abou the book his mom wrote. The erotic love story between a flesh golem and a mage :D

[This message has been edited by Gotrek45 (edited October 11, 2000).]

7. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Holy cow! yes that's funny!

8. Armin Gems: 2/31

My favourite: Lilacor, the "intelligent" sword. Had Minsc wield it for almost the whole game - the two are just a match made in heaven. Can't decide which of the two has the funnier lines... :D

"My brother is a +12 Hackmaster" (I love KOTDT...)
    "I may be an intelligent sword but I had no formal edumication"
    "..as a sword I'm pretty one-dimenional in what I waaaant"

And sometimes the sheer timing makes it hilarious:

"Come on, lets kill that over there, hmm? HMMM?"
    - in the middle of the Order of the Radiant Heart building

"Mmmm, tastes like chicken"
    - Minsc scoring a critical against Firkraag

9. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I really liked the Spectator, that funny beholder on the Sauhagin city. Cool guy :)

10. Kyrn Gems: 2/31

Talking about that sword, my highlight was when I sent Minsc attacking one of the lich and the sword went "You feel lucky, punk?"

Another one is about him/it going on about the fact that he wasn't an axe and/or that once he was a moonblade.

Kyrn

11. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Did you notice that Rumar's 'girlfriend' upstairs in the Copper Coronet is Priss - a replicant android from the all time great (IMHO) movie Bladerunner?

12. burntime Gems: 2/31

i liked minsc saying "feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways!"
    i had been naughty, of course.

13. Mercutio Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] got another one: Jan yelling at the guards "Bottom-feeding, turnip-hating, scum-sucking brigand!" ...ever played Duke Nukem 3D :))??

14. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Another one about Jan (man is he popular)......When he tells the story of how his cousin would tell jokes to get himself out of dangerous situations. At the end he said his cousin "had a real zinger," but unfortuately the griffon still ate him.

[This message has been edited by EternalPaladin (edited October 13, 2000).]

15. Crimson Tear Gems: 2/31

Lilicor when he said
    "Well since you asked, I would like to register a complaint, I want to kill a dragon. Go find one now. Thats it. Find it and KILL it. Right now. That would be, like, sssoooo coool!"
    or when he said
    "I would appreciate some qaulity time in my scabbard.... aaahhhh well, WHO AM I KIDDING! MURDER! DEATH! KILLLLLLL!.... this is what i live for..." :D

16. mountain-mike Gems: 2/31

How about the Cyrano de Bergerac play-off in front of the Radiant Heart?

17. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

How about the Knights of the Sword from Krynn. They are in the Planar sphere. They kind of made them panzies, hiding from the flesh eating halfings. What the hell are flesh eating halfings andyways? Sounds like the title to a Trauma film. It was fun sending the knights back to there own plane.

18. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Flesh eating Halflings come from Dark Sun, another world created by TSR before it went under and Wizards of the Coast bought them out. In an ironic twist, it was TSR that tried to compete with Magic the Gathering (WotC) and ended up being bought out by their own competition.

Syl...

19. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Your right Syl,
    Now that you mention it I do remember Dark Sun. That's kind of going back aways. It's Kind of sad that the little upstart company bought out the grand-dady of the Genre.

20. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah. TSR formed their name by pure D&D sales, WotC sells over a large spectrum of products, but it's not that bad. If it wasn't for WotC doing what they did, we wouldn't be here today posting about Baldur's Gate. I think Dark Sun would be awesome, although I didn't particularly care for the sets they came out with before, I'm sure with the high standards BG and BG2 have brought to the RPG scene, that a new Dark Sun would be made along those same standards.

It's cool though how they have little snaps from other games. Spell Jammer ship in IWD (Kuldahar), Dark Sun Halflings in the Planar Sphere. Wonder what else is in store.

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.