1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

To kill Adalon or not to kill Adalon?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. [GoodFellaZ] Voodoo Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi all

can´t really deside whether to kill the dragon avalon in the Underdark or not... She has been kind to me and all, but on the other hand there is hardly anything more fun than killing dragons!! When I bring her the real eggs, I believe I get a nice xp bonus (I´m not sure how much, anyone knows) so I´m not sure if it is worth killing her. Does she posses anything usefull (perhaps lillacors brother! *gg*) Is there a way to get both the bonus and the fun of killing her??!!

well folks, now it´s up to you to help me...

Ps: do you actually get two pairs of "boots of speed". I already got one, even though I missed the token-machine in the spell-asylum??

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

1) It's Adalon.

2) Only kill her if you are off evil alignment.

3) You can't get two pairs of boots of speed if you missed the token machine and sided with Aran Linvail in chapter 3. If you sided with Bhodi, and got a pair from Aran's corpse, then you can find another pair by detecting traps in the temple district sewer, going into Mekreths (Sp?) Place, freeing his slave Haer`Dalis, retrievng his stone and going to the five flagons in with the stone.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Roll Playing Game... Play your Role. I suppose you can decide for yourself what is the evil way and what is the right way....

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

It's up to you man, this is one of the few good roleplaying choices in BG2 so I'm not going to blow it for you. Eh, if you're neutral I see how it could be a tough decision. If you're evil(only wearable by evil) I'd advise killing her for some great armor, but you didn't here that come from me. ;)

5. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I saved my game and killed the damn beast. It's not worth killing... only like 50 000 exp. I'm going to do the quest.. I want back to Athkatla and it's the fastest way to do it. I tried killing all in Ust Natha. Easy. But I couldn't get to Athkatla.. Guess you have to do the damned quests.. I hate the drow.

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

No, just find the Kau-Toa tunnels, at the end of them is the way out of the Underdark. I don't know if you have to be in Drow form in order to get by the doors, but that shouldn't take long, just talk to Adalon, get her to change you, then head for the tunnels. I think she may come after you if you do this, so you might wanna kill her right now and end it.

But...I highly advise against doing this, since you're practically stepping straight out of spellhold to face Bohdi and Irenicus in the Elven City. If you really hate doing all those damnable quests just do this.

Oh, I ran into a problem when I went to these tunnels to find the Noble Blood. Seems that once you walk in, you can't get out......anyone else have this happen to them?

7. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It might be a silly question, but did you pick up the eggs after killing all the Drow?

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Lord-Sarevok - you can't just walk out of the doors exiting the underdark - you need Adalon to have cast a spell which opens the doors or kill her and take a scroll that does the same thing off her corpse.

And I've never had any problems being unable to exit that area.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.