1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Traders Spoiler

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dragonrider, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Dragonrider Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You know the traders that work as spies for the Temple. I just killed them with a lawful good party. they are worth approx. 2000 experience points and there is no hurt to your reputation. they also have chainmail +3, leather armor +1, two short swords +1, and various other items. I killed them with a level two party armed with masterworks weapons. Enter by the side door not the back or the front.

2. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I was annoyed because they didn't sell me anything after blowing their cover, and I killed them. Even now when I'm in Temple level 3 they are the single most xp profitable fight in the game.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, I whacked them too, the first time through. I didn't like there attitude. There should have been a special sale, just for me, after I chatted with them.

Anyways, after reading that there are two sources of the Masterwork Maul, and I just killed one of them, I decided to let them live for a little while.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just to be clear - are we talking about the shop in Hommlet where there are two traders, one man-at-arms for hire, and if you speak to them with a character with high marks in Appraise you can tell them they're way overpriced, then threaten to expose them?

If so, to whom do you expose them? Or how do you get them to reveal themselves?

5. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

At that point in time I could not expose them regarding the high prices. SPOILER: However, you can talk to them after interrorgating the "courier" in the barn for a nice magical short-sword (the only one I've found), and then you can dob them in to Rufus regarding the sabatouer quest. After this, the "your prices are too high" dialouge choice became unavailable, as they are annoyed at me (they still trade, but I never have with them, I may kill them soon). This may simply be because I do not have high enough appraise skill, or that when I could still talk to them about it another of my skills was lacking (my front is a bard, so it was probably intimidate- a little off topic but I have not yet found magical instruments, or any other instruments for that matter either, excepting the one she started/began with).

6. Dragonrider Gems: 1/31

The quest you receive is from Rufus at the castle. It starts with a spy revealed.

1. Spy in labor camp revealed
    2. Courier revealed.
    3. Trader Revealed.

I got points for all three doing the following. I used the rogue on the spy in the labor camp. I then informed Rufus about the spy or you can wait until you are finished to inform them. I believe it works either way. I then went to the house next to the barn and asked the npc standing outside about the trading post. I went into the trading post and informed them about thier spy in the camp. Take the 100 gold offered. Go back outside and enter through the side door. Kill them. Collect the Loot and proceed to the barn. Question the person you find inside. Pick only the yellow answers. Once you have received the points. Then inform Rufus about the spy in the camp depending on how you did quests. Since they will be killed anyway by the temple then it will be alright since you suffer no hit point to your reputation. Make sure you use the rogue for all three quests. He should be the highest in everything.

7. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Why do you go through the side door the second time? Do you get different conversational options based on which door you go through? I couldn't get those quests to work properly, but it's on my list of things to do over again with the patch to see if that helps. I could not get them to recognise that I'd blown their cover.

8. Dragonrider Gems: 1/31

The reason is that your characters will be all together and won't be spread out over the store. Being spread out will give the traders an opportunity to kill some of them. Also make sure that you are at least level three and have masterworks items. Buff you fighters with Bull's Strength and Bless. See Jaroos Chest Spoiler for help. You will get the same conversation no matter which door you go through.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.