1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warlocks -- Damn, sweet!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No questions or anything, I just wanted to fanboy about Warlocks. I recently made a run with a Drow Warlock, and I had fun, lots of fun.

Eldricth Blast, Eldricht Doom, Chilling Tentacles, Word of Changing... the Warlocks have some sweet spells, and I have to give a shout out to the 12th level ability "Imbue Item", which means I can craft without worrying about Caster Levels and having the proper spell for the enchanting!

Let's see how MotB goes... my OC run as a Warlock was immensely enjoyable, which is no small feat considering how boring the OC is...

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    I was actually very disappointed in my own Drow Warlock for part of the game. When you finally get Eldricht Chain and the Greater Invocations however... warlocks as scary. From mid-Neverwinter on (minus a few inconvenient monster crits, party AI blunders and spells that weren't resisted/saved against) he practically killed everything in sight all by himself (didn't take Qara this time round).
    I opted for a "recommended" build so I ended up having no crafting skills, although bluffing/intimidating my way through the game was as fun as blasting everything with AoE Eldricht Blasts.

In fairness to the OC it's a lot better now fully patched.

3. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

never take the recommended builds, except for fighters (where it at least works) they simply suck.

if you took an evil warlock, I will suggest adding 2 or 3 levels of blackguard (depending on how you play) to get Cha added to saving throws and either "divine shield" or "divine might", makes the warlock even sweeter :)

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Started a new Warlock, Tiefling this time. As per the recommendations, I took three Blackguard levels, which in turn give access to Martial weapons, opening up a whole new dimension of weapons I can use. Then there's Use Poison... damn, I love that ability. Deadly Giant Scorpion Venom? Yes, please. Black Lotus Extract? You bet!

I just enchanted a Mithral scythe for my Warlock, +2D6 vs Good, 1D6 Fire, +4. Enchanted an Adamantine Scale Mail at +5AC, SR+22. Got my hands on Eldricht Doom, I absolutely abuse the spell Chilling Tentacles, and Word of Changing isn't too far away.

Warlocks... where have you been all my life?

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Wait until you get to Epic Levels. The epic level feats for Warlocks is really quite sick and if you use the evocation to by pass spell resistance your destinty of greatness awaits you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.