1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is the Celestial Fury?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Firag, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Firag Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I just forgot where is the celestial fury :_|
    can someone tell me ?

[ September 22, 2005, 23:03: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

athkathla temple district, guarded compound.

3. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Another question: I heard that you´re supposed to get a hint by someone about the guys who drop it. I never found out who is supposed to tell me that. I only know how to get the CF, because I read a walkthrough...

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Take the Nalia quests all the way. It hints that her ex is involved with slavers in the guarded compound.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

The Celestial Fury was originally supposed to be part of the whole Twisted Rune quest (remember the Rune assassins in Reijek's house?), which led you to a lot of battles & items. As it is, it's just another planned component that was only ever half finished. The guy wielding CF still drops a clue prompting further investigations, however...

6. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Okay, I´ll try bringing her along... I guess...

7. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Celestial Fury is in the Slaver Leaders mansion in the Temple district. Right side of screen, towards the top. Move your mouse around to find the door and then enter and get ready for a friggin brawl. The Katana is well worth it though.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's why I think Celestial Fury is silly because the only people who ever get it are those who already know it is there and go looking for it. But it is so insanely powerful that you pretty much have to go and get it.

9. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

CF is one of many over powered weapons in BG2. I do like many of its special abilities but when equiped with another weapon, Belm, you gain additional attack with CF if it is in your main hand. That of course can lead to early death for many who wishes to cross your path, etc...

I prefer some weapons that have special abilities but not ones that can deal massive damage within seconds. If this weapon would only have the power to stun it wouldn't be as over powered, but since it can deal additional 20 damage (5% chance) it ends up being quite powerful.

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Magpie: I thought only the tanner in the Umar Hills mentions 'Crossing The Rune' if you choose to put an end to his evil ways.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I only ever found out about it from walkthroughs. I never heard hide nor hair of anybody mentioning it in other quests. It's not any more overpowered than any other weapon in an unmodded game. Just happens to be the best one you can get very early on.

12. The Magpie

@T2Bruno: yup, the whole thing was never finished. I think there was supposed to be some grand quest going on, with you following the clues to the Twisted Rune HQ. The rogue stone dropped has the line: "I am in the Bridge District of Athkatla. What kind of tricks are you playing on me?" Which implies that the encounter was - at some point - supposed to play some part in the Twisted Rune story arc, to give you a reason to go there.

13. UCLAParadox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@T2Bruno
    There also are "Rune Assassins" in the Tanner's shop. When you confront him, and chase him to the bottom level, there are two of them with that mage.

@The Magpie
    Is the Rogue Stone with that text always there? I know I get it but I think it was added back in with a patch (the unmodded game almost definately doesn't have it).

14. The Magpie

Hmm... good point. I've pretty much always played with the latest ToB patches & Baldurdash, so I wouldn't know. Maybe some other SPers will know for sure. When playing un-modded SoA, years ago, I didn't know about CF or the compound, and survived without it. I was playing a Fighter/Cleric back then, so it wouldn't have been top priority anyway. Only when I got ToB and had to go online to find patches did I also find out about CF, so I never found it in an unpatched, un-Baldurdashed game.

I'm sure others here may know, though. :p

15. Firag Gems: 4/31

hah who need the quests :p Only the weapon for my bard worthy the time of killing 'em ;]

16. Cold_Hawaiian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

CF is great. Only reason my solo Blade is going to take Katana (well, that and the collectors edition Katana, forgot name)

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If you improve it by improved items mod, it becomes even much more powerful, deadly, and fun! Sual-wield with Sanchuudoku+4 (an UBER katana from Tactics mod) or CromFaeyr. If you are a kensai, you will be dealing tremendous punishment! (kensai bonus to damage plus 25 str bonus stack!) Add unnerfed Grandmastery+Improved Haste for unparalleled destruction!

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I still think that anyone who was seriously roleplaying the main storyline would never end up picking up Celestial Fury. Which makes picking it up an artificial and silly exercise.

19. Cold_Hawaiian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, thats true. But most people like to check everything out in a game at least the second time around. So EVENTUALLY they will find it if not using a guide or forums for stuff.

20. Firag Gems: 4/31

@Harbourboy hah Celestial Fury is not so uber ... what do you think of daystar :p for me this is an uber item ...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.