1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who Would Join Me?

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Avooch Dar, May 21, 2001.

1. Avooch Dar Guest

right guys listen up. This is getting stupid ok?
    Mathetais did shura not just say he was transported into a portal. And had i not just broken down in a fit of tears?!
    why would i have doen that if shura was stil in the room.
    Mathetais i am getting the picture that you want out so i will carry on.

Sir Dargorn lifts his head. He takes a deep breath in and observes one of the squires running to him.
    "Good news sir!
    "It seems as though Mathetais healed everyone in the room! They were just unconcious. The healers are working on their wounds now and although some may be resting for quite some time at least they are still living!"

"Then that is good news indeed (he sounds almost happy for a moment but then his brow furrows once more as he remembers something), What of Mathetais though"?

"We do not yet know sir, he....he is hanging on but.......he may not last the night.....if he survives it would be nothing short of a miracle"

Sir Dargorn bows his head in dspair
    "Then i should bid him farewell for the last time. He is the greatest cleric in the Sword Coast. This demon must have been great to have done this too him".

Sir Dargorn is just about to pass through the rear door when he notices something.
    In the oppisite corner huddled like a small mouse was the figure of a frail man. wheezing and coughing but trying not to make a fuss.

"NOBLEMAN!!"
    "It was you who commanded that wish spell you great fool! What do you think you were doing?!. Clerics! I need a Cleric! Quick now!"

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I came back from a 3 day holiday and found all my paladin buddies massacred by a Kensi who is supposed to be in Boot Camp or something. He came back for the weekend just to OFF the bunch of us????
    I couldn't let him have the last word! The only thing that gets under Shura's skin more than our mere existence is when we try to "redeem him". I would love to see him put away some of his self loathing, but couldn't, so a noble sacrifice seemed fitting. Anyway, back to the story . . .

Clerics rush to Mathetais' side, searching for un-used scrolls and potions to heal his wounds. As they minister to him, Sir Dargorn turns to confront the young Nobleman.

Just as angry words are about to leave his lips, Lokken the half-elf in dragon scale armor grasps his hand. "Haven't tonight's stories been about redemption and holiness? I still have many questions left unanswered. Teach me your lessons by the conduct of your troops in the wake of this disaster."

"Yes" echoes a voice from the crowd. "Since the damage is un-done, lets go on with our tales."

Ironbeard, Jack-of-all-Trades, anyone, please pick up this conversation as we continue in the spirit of our Lord's initial invitation!

Too cheesy? Sorry, but I really enjoyed the topic before the Paladin version of "Pearl Harbor" happened here, and hope we can get back to it! :D

3. Avooch Dar Guest

Sir Dargorn face seems to lift.

"It seems as though that Shura fellow won't be back in a hurry after Mathetais had a go at him! So...yes let the story telling continue!"
    He is about to walk to his chair when he remembers something.
    "Are yes my dear Nobleman, who did his best in the face of such a powerful enemy. No need to slouch man come up you get!"
    At this Lokken became red faced with anger.
    "Enough Sir Dargorn have you no mercy. Can you not see what has......."

Lokkens voice trails off as he watches Sir Dargorn cast some bizarre spell upon the crumpled wimpering heap of Nobleman. He chanted a few words which Lokken could not work out.
    Sir Dargorn released a briliant white ball of light which entered Nobleman through the mouth.
    Nobleman slowly opened his eyelids. Then picked himself up as if he had just fallen over.
    "Th...thankyou Sir Dargorn. I am not sure what you did but i feel much beter now..thankyou. You are most kind to a foolish man"
    Lokken stares amazed.
    "But know Paladin has the skill to heal someone from a wish spell!"
    "I have many powers of which you do not know. I am no ordinary Paladin young man"

Sir Dargorn chuckles under his breath which he disguises as a cough.
    "That will make him wonder" He thinks to himself.
    "Come let us rejoice that our brothers are still with us. Let the telling begin!"

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

uhhhhh. The Nobleman has absolutely nothing to say. ummmmmm. He begins his work with the Tithebowl again but something doesn't seem right. But what is it. uhhhhh.... He collects. his thoughts and walks outside.

The sunset is coming nearer and a reddish light has spread amongst the houses. What is wrong he thinks. again. He walks a few yards away from the temple and looks upon it. The building stands even mightier in the evening light.

But what is this. He glances at the two statues standing tall and magnificnet on each side of the enterence. Even though the evening light is red. Something on them is too red. The noses, he mumbles. Who painted the noses red!! he feels amazed that someone would do this kind of blasphemic work. Utterly repulsive he says out loud in a snobbish way. I must go to a shop and get some help at this before its night.

At the same time he spots a shadow running around the corner. With goldpieces glimmering in its one hand and a bucket in the other. The Shadow (Spudsquisher)
    stops. throws his bucket on a the wall. And runs away. Thick red paint flows from the walls. Enough of Th..

The Nobleman breaks of his words. and stands startled. He feels his hair rise from his neck. He suddenly knows what he felt wasn't right. There is no sound in the city. No dogs. No small talk. No caravans or squicky wheels. Oh my god he thinks. Have I done something wrong with my wishspell.

Frightened he runs into the temple and up to Sir Dargorn. d'gh daas't cit'y soun'' no wheels . He tries to speak out but nothing but the babling of a panicked man comes out.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 31, 2001).]

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Bedevere looks around him, confused, where once there was naught but caranage and the foul stench of death, the hall now looks the same as before Shura's arrival. He kneels before Mathetais. "Most blessed lord," he says, " Are you in want of a squire? My skills are but modest at yet and I have pressing personal errands to the north, but when I return to Amn, it would be a deep honour to serve you. I appreciate that taking on a squire requires long thought, and I would not dream to pressure one so great as yourself for an immediate answer." Rising, he moves to Sir Dargon, " Sir Dargon, I apologise, I must gather my companions and rest soon, and have to return northwards in the morning, but if you have words for me then I would hear them now."

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited June 01, 2001).]

6. Essence Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello AvoohDar,
    Here is the Bio I told you about in the email I sent you. Enjoy!

~Essence~

An eerie silence settled over the forest floor as the pale moonlight reflected off of the lake. A fog like mist rolled off the lake and crept through the forest like a small silent animal. Slipping through the trees it covered the forest floor like a silken blanket. The only sounds to be heard were coming from a crowded tavern on the other side of the lake. The nocturnal creatures of the forest were silent, waiting, knowing something was about to happen.
    Somewhere an owl hooted, then another replied. The forest came alive for an instant with the many conversations of creatures drowned out the noise of the unsuspecting tavern’s people. Suddenly there was a flash of blue and silver light. The forest went silent again as a blue myst started to form in swirling cloud shimmering silver as it reflected the light of the moon. Moving through the trees the myst started to glow and a soft melodic song was heard. The animals relaxed as the wordless song floated through the woods like a soft breeze. Slowly the forest became alive again and the normal nightly activity started.
    Unaware of what had happened a young black panther cub wander away from her den. Seeing the swirling myst she chased it and leapt at it. Her body went through the myst and in a dazzling light the myst glowed even brighter. Stunned the cub crouched and watched as the myst started to form slowly enveloping the cub she started to disappear into the myst and become part of it. The myst, with the cub, started to form into a slender figure. Small in size, yet not a child by any means. In the distance an animal screamed in pain as it was killed.
    Finally, in the light of the moon the figure stood and looked about. She was about 5’3 in height and her skin was a soft blue. Slender and almost catlike in grace and movement she walked to the edge of the lake and peered into at her reflect. Her almond shaped eyes sparkled like two stars and her pupils were a deep blue that seemed to go on forever. As she peered into the lake, her dark well-defined mouth curved into a smile that seemed innocent, yet seductive. Her eyes twinkled and her thin black brows quirked in curious amusement. Turning her head slightly her high cheekbones made her look older and as she smiled, she started to laugh. The sound floating through the forest like a soft melody. Standing again she looked about and listened to the sounds around her. Shiver slightly from the cold wind she hugged herself fighting the chill.
    Hearing the noise from the tavern she sighed softly and started to make her way around the lake. Gracefully slipping through the trees she stopped just short of the tavern and knelt in the bushes watching her eyes glimmering slight fear but more fascination then anything. Quietly she made her way to the side near the door and took a better look at the people entering and exiting the place. None of them looked like her and then again, none of them looked like the other either. Confusion crossed her face for a moment before she noticed someone looking in her direction. Tensing a little she moved into the shadows and only her silver eyes could be seen.

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

(Yeahhh! I was away for another long weekend. Last time I did that, Shura took everyone out. I'm glad that I came back this time and found no new posts!)

Bedevere-You have my assistance in any way that would benefit you and your quest. Go forth to conquer.

8. Melkhior Guest

Playing as an undead hunter, myself. `cause they rock, they are cool, and they are good folks.
    Hate monks. Monks is what I call...powergaming (!)

9. Mr.Clean Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

wow aswome story

10. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

holy crap this is old.....back in the days when i used to be Avooch! *sits in his rocking chair (reinforced to support weight of armour)* i remember the days!

11. I can't beleive I never joined this lot! *Expletive Deleted*

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The door opens and a tall but slim human enters the hall. You notice the handle of a heavy cavalry longsword with elegantly but modestly plaited hilt hanging from his belt. Dragon leather is visible under his coat with no insignia on either, yet centuries of noble descend have carved his proud and somehow sad face, surrounded by fair brown hair. Through his eyes that you could swear are elven, even though his ears are not much angular, gazes knowledge and wisdom far beyond his age normally hardly, if ever, allowing him to bear arms. Obviously he has seen more in his life than many a sage, yet he holds his just removed equestrian gloves in long, thin fingers with a gesture you would rather assign to a royal banquet or music lesson. He must be tired after the long journey, but he stands firmly and even more so is his decided but polite and respectful voice accustomed to giving commands and speeches. The somewhat elven eyes rest on gathered gentlemen causing their own to turn in his direction as he pronounces the greeting.

Most honoured gentlemen, I am Lucas by name and I come to pay a courtesy visit unto this noble Order. May I request the priviledge of being admitted into this glorious hall?

[ January 04, 2003, 21:36: Message edited by: chevalier des Trois-Tours ]

13. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

An old man in grey-green robes sits in the corner, sparkling blues eyes peeking out from under his wide-brimmed hat. Removing a long pipe from his teeth, he smiles.

I fear they are gone, Lucas, their heroic deeds surviving only in the ballads of bards. This hall has long laid empty.

[ January 20, 2003, 02:30: Message edited by: Izaad ]

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've been told of a related thred in Roleplay Corner. What is the exact name of that?

15. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Paladins of the Radiant Hall

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.