1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why we love our moderators!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Falstaff, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I do not love the SP moderators.

I fear them.

After all, it was Machiavelli who said that it is better to be feared and loved. ;) :p

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's it... Fear. You never know when one of us will creep behind your back and say Boo! in a really terrifying way.

And that's just the beginning... :evil:

3. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I can't say enough about those guys! I mean, they keep the place in order...(2 hours later)...and all in all, they're really fun guys (girls, etc).

p.s. Hey Tal, did you see the anagrams of your name I found? If not, I'm pretty sure they're in "Why the name," a few posts after my link to an anagram server.

[ January 08, 2003, 00:12: Message edited by: Tarol'azh ]

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I could not have said it better myself!

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The beginning of you getting a miniature giant space (fill in animal companion here) to become "The stuff of legends" right? :D :cool:

6. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] Eek! £90 a month is a big sacrifice. Tal, you rule!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In more ways than one. :happy:

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Go Tal! Go Tal! Go Tal! :lol:

Tal > :cool:
    BTA > :cool:
    Ext > :cool:
    Erran > :cool:
    Baldak > :cool:

Mods >>> :cool:

Need more be smilied?

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm quite new here as a regular visitor so I don't know them well and can't say much. On the other hand I can say what struck me. And that is:

Contrary to what some people say they differentiate themselves as moderators from themselves as members. I mean there are no special rules referring to talking with them that are not applied to posting in general. They don't abuse their admin/moderator status to post what is not allowed for members to post. And they don't show off. You don't get warned or banned for expressing different opinions, pointing out things and anything that is not against forum rules. It's so good when rules are preserved also by those who set them. They don't do mod things (editing, deleting, warning, banning) for fun or just because they can or because they simply don't like you or your posts personally. Even in case of guys like the one that got a week of special treating (bravo Taluntain!).

Apart from that all they're simply friendly, well getting along with people and just... well... you can't resist liking them. Intuitively.

To sum up: SP's sort of paradise if moderators are concerned. They are just like all moderators should be. And I'm not flattering now. I've just had my time with some of other forums.

[ January 09, 2003, 01:36: Message edited by: chevalier des Trois-Tours ]

10. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] Are Erran and Baldak mods? Never seen them. Are they sleeping partners Tal?

Edit: Or is this another joke that I don't get?

[ January 09, 2003, 18:08: Message edited by: Mortensen ]

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] They are moderators of the "Roleplay Corner" and "The Phlan Crier" forums.

[ January 09, 2003, 18:11: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The Mods make a hard-core atheist believe that Gods walk the Earth... there is no way anything less than divine could do such great work!

*Bows to the Masters*

Ara
    (*sniffly* Preciousss!)

13. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think the only one I've meet is Tal.
    He runs a tight ship. :happy:
    $140 a month!? :money:
    We all should be greatful!

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Why? Because they keep this place clean!

Run little trolls. Run :D

15. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] Yer all a bunch of suck-ups. :rolleyes:

I'm just kidding actually. I have to say that this board is the most regulated and strictest one that I have ever been to on the Internet. There are few other boards when moderators actually have the patience to actually stick around just a few months after creating it to monitor it. Those usually end up lost in the annals of the Internet or simply destroyed. This, for better or worse, is a good example of when rules, rules, and more rules actually makes for the better.

16. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I don't love them at all.

I admire their work and persistance. Especially Tal. Not that I know of it, but I think he is the only one doing a lot of work. The rest of the moderators are just laid back loafers :p

The neweditors should get a pad or two on their shoulders, they do a lot of work too. :)

[ January 22, 2003, 05:12: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

17. Shodan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Oh boy...I wish someone did this at the IPLY boards.
    I'm absolutly amazed by this friendly forum.

*goes off crying back to Hell*

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] I understand that this thread was pretty well dead, but I read through it and had to put in my piece -- I once wrote on an unorganized newspaper board -- we had some sweet discussions. Then, sadly, some real insane people started popping up with some really vile comments. They would "bomb" the board with hundreds of huge messages consisting of gibberish, take on other people's identities, and otherwise really screw things up. I like this place much better.

And, not to stomp on any pet theories, but although Tal antes up $140 US / month, he DOES get a cut of the books bought via this site, correct? I'm sure that those profits more than cover the $140, right? So as much as I love Tal and his creepy avatar, lets hold up on his nomination to Godhood. :p

19. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] You have got to be kidding... I don't make $140 through Amazon commissions in 3 months... I get an average of 5% per item sold, and the majority of people buy 5 buck paperbacks from which I get 25 cents per sale. Calculate how long it takes for any money to pile up.

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, can you explain why you recently purchased a small island getaway on Amazon contributions then, please?

;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.