1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wizard's Tower or Neverwinter Nine ?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by spetznaz, Feb 4, 2008.

1. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I've just begun Act III and I get to choose between building the NW9 tower or the Wizard's Tower. Since I've never built the Wizard's Tower, I'm wondering what benefits/drawbacks there are between the two.

2. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I found no real benefit to either tbh. The idea is that the NW9 outpost is the "good" way and the wizard's tower is the "evil" way, although there's really not much to suggest this except the builder's brief description.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Really? I personally viewed it as a vocational choice myself, much like allowing the thief in your keep (can't remember his name) to set up a thieves' guild, or in building the church (priests) vs. the monastary (monks). The NWN outpost opens up a store with sweet new items suitable for tanks, and the Wizard's Tower grants you (I'm assuming here) a sweet spell shop that also sells other cool Wizard gear. Even a wizard affiliated with the NW9 would prefer the tower, I would think, since if you're playing along the good route of the storyline the Keep functions as a de facto NW9 outpost, anyway.

So to answer your question: I'd say it depends on your class, because I don't believe there's a benefit that extends much beyond a cool new shop that opens up.

4. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

Thanks for the answers!

Well, I'm playing a Chaotic Evil Fighter/Warlock and I generally play with Khelgar, Bishop, Sand and Zhjaeve.

I guess the NW9 tower would be better for my character.

5. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

honestly i don't like the NWN9, they are just an arrogant, egoistic bunch of ******, so from the RP perspective i've decided to make a wizard's tower

it's nothing special really,they sell some spellcaster stuff like scrolls,staves and robe of the archmagi - basically by that time i've already created far better items

i don't know what the nwn9 tower has to offer but i guess it can't be far better

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31

Well, I built the NW9 tower. They sell pretty nice melee and ranged weaponry and ammo, armor, Red Dragon Armor and Balduran's Armor amongst others, Salamander Hides and all the diffrent metals.

I guess it's just a melee or caster choice.

7. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

It is.

Allthough the wizard tower and there by Startear is required if you want to get the Epithet Feat Dread Lord of the Keep.

Funny enough the wizard tower or the NWN9 tower doesn't have any influence on whether you can get the Warden of the Keep Epithet Feat.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.