1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

On time?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by GONMAR, Apr 23, 2001.

1. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

So Is this game going to get released on time...or what?..

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

From Garret Graham (Producer, SSI) on the release date:
    We're still tracking for release at the end of Q2 (spring). There is always the possibility of bugs holding things up for a few days, but we won't have any more buyouts to hold us up (said with fingers crossed)

Keep checking the front page, as I post updates from the Official Boards and other relevant articles as often as they become available.

3. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

I've been waiting for this game since before bg2. I'm a huge fan of SSI and of Pool Of Radiance. I've got my fingers crossed as well. Thank you for the quick reply. This game is going to surprise a lot of people.

4. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

They at least are picking a good time to release. With Arcanum pushed back until September, they shouldn't have that much competition.

Cullain

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Man I wish Arcanum was coming out when it was supposed to. Now I likely won't pick it up till after I've had my fill of NWN. I probably would have purchased that game ahead of PoR:, but, ah well, such is the way of life :(

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Latest news:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that the official release date for the "Pool of
    Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor" has been delayed by the manufacturer
    until 08/01/2001.

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  8. GONMAR Gems: 6/31

I give up!!!!

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

LOL!! Don't worry Gonmar...

Vinadri will be around soon, we can ask him! :D I'll vote for the September date.

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31

Lord, I swear, this game gets pushed back more than any I've seen recently. I mean, if anyone wants any reasons why people aren't clamering for this game, here is a great one. Come on; how can people get excited about this game when it just keeps getting delayed. The delay cycle is just amazing, as it seems to never end. I wouldn't be suprised if it got delayed to 4th quarter 2001 and then shiped late because it didn't want to go head to head with NWN (and who would ;))

11. Vinadri Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

According to the recent GameSpot preview they are still on track for June (but then the release date at the top said September). That's what I keep hearing from everyone too (that it will be out in June). I can't see how it would be delayed longer unless UbiSoft holds it up for some reason. The build I've been playing is an old build, and its very stable. Hardly any bugs at all (there are a few but what'd you expect ;)) so I can't see how it can be delayed.

With that said though...nobody really knows what the release date is. For every site you show me that says August, I can show you one that says June 2001. :) I even found one that said October 2000. I think we'll all just have to wait for the "Gone Gold!"

Crawl: as for the delays, YOU try having your company bought 4 (or was it three...I lost count) times and release a product on time. :) You are right that that is probably why people are losing interest. I think it stems from they did all their previews with game sites when they originally wanted the game to come out and because of the unforseen buyouts they have no "new" news to give out so everyone rarely hears about the game. They could remedy that by updating the site...but then they lost their web team to a layoff :)

And if you want to talk about games being pushed back, I can mention about 40 of them that have been pushed back more than this. ;) But the difference is they still generate news about the game by doing more previews and such.

BTW, I saw my name mentioned above there :) I would have joined this topic sooner, but because of the time zone difference between me and this board...the times I see confuse me so I never know if I've read it or not...LOL. Yes, I am that confused.

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Crawl - you think this is bad - How about Daiktana :D

Woohoo - I'm a xvart killer :D

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 06, 2001).]

13. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

LOL...or how about Duke Nukem Forever :) There's tons of other ones that have been delayed by at least a year.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well at least they're true to the title... It'll take forever before we see it ship! :D

15. Graptor Gems: 1/31

Forgive my ignorance but, what is NMN?

16. Graptor Gems: 1/31

Oh, NWN. God I feel so stupid now. So, how much has PoR been pushed back?

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm starting to think people are doing this on purpose... How the hell could we have gone for 1400 members without seeing any double posts and now all of a sudden each new member is doing it?

Graptor, read http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html#doubles

PoR *should* be released in the end of June/beginning of August. Or September. Who knows. It's been delayed ad nauseam.

18. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

The UbiSoft web site reports 7/3/2001.

GoneGold says 6/30/2001 with a prognosis of Give it a week.

So hopefully we'll see it in June/July (well, I've seen it already :D)

BTW, I think most people double post not because they feel like spamming because sometimes its natural. Like if I asked something and then came back five minutes later with the answer. I'd report the answer as a new post in case anyone else was wondering rather than edit my original post and append the answer since that would look weird. but maybe that's just me :D

19. Taluntain

Media:
    It's not natural, it's an acquired bad habit. As I said, we haven't seen so many doubles in more than half a year till recently, so I suspect that people who keep doing it must be coming here from the now dead BG Dungeon.

Anyway, this hopefully won't be an issue anymore since I have updated our registration rules with a very clear notion that we do not like it.

20. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

I think its natural :p I have never been to BG Dungeon and I do it. In fact the first message board I went to was the Pool of Radiance one (I looked at the BG ones but never posted because the board software bothered me) and I do it so it can't be an acquired bad habit. Granted, I generally don't do it too often unless I do what I mentioned above such as ask a question and then find the answer later so I'll post the answer. But whether its natural or not, doesn't really matter since you've forbidden it. :) Good thing you updated the reg. rules because I never knew about it until you mentioned it to me when I double posted in the other section.

[This message has been edited by Vinadri (edited May 14, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.