1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where to get secret NPC from bonus files?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by zort, Jun 4, 2001.

1. zort Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I read in some preview for BG2 that there is an extra NPC if you got one of the bonus CDs. Is this true and if so where do I get him?

2. Graz73 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
  3. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Those guys arn't official I think. If they were they'd have a portrait, and normal sounds. THat's IMO though.

4. Graz73 Gems: 4/31

Well, they are in the game. I didn't use any user made patches or anyting to access them. They're like a big easter egg. The stat bonus books aren't in BG2 either but people are always talking about them...

Kivan was my favorite NPC from BG I'm glad that I can still sorta use him. I know they're not fully implemented, but it's still cool to try someone different in the party...

5. Draven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am not sure that there is any new NPC's from the bonus disks. The only people the disks seem to give you are special merchants that you cannot have join your party.

6. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

the rest is like the control + q cheat,
    still doesnt work, no clua console for me.......

7. Graz73 Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Here is the text that taught me about the console and these hidden NPCs. It worked for me, and will work for you...

This part of the site explains all you want to know about cheats.

____Unlocking Cheats

Enter your Baldur's Gate II directory and find the baldur.ini file. (Should be in the main Black Isle folder.)
    Double click on it, and the .ini file will open in Notepad. Scroll down in the file until you reach the heading Program Options, and underneath, you should find a list of commands with numbers following (i.e., BitsPerPixel=16, Acceleration=0, etc.). Begin a new line anywhere under the Program Options heading, and write the command line: Debug Mode=1. Save this file and exit.
    Now start the game and open the console prompt by pressing Ctrl and the space bar.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Boo") creates Boo (and we all know who Boo is). CTRL+Q him to add him to your party. He's very powerful, and even has his own paper doll. To keep him effective, don't equip any weapons in any slots, and DO NOT LEVEL HIM UP! (requires the EnableCheatKeys() cheat to be active)

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Gorion") is fun, though it does require you to exit your game once it works. If you create Gorion, talk to him and choose a few of the dialogue choices (it's keyed to a different dialogue, so you'll see some pretty weird, including NPC, dialogues). He'll bring you through the BG sequence with him (bringing you over, casting Cure Light Wounds, etc.) and bring you to a forest (area number is the same as circle of stones in BG). There, you get stuck on a tree. Too bad. I wonder if Sarevok would have appeared and all. Oh, and the BG loading screen appears in front of the BG2 one, though off center and much smaller.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Kivan")
    From what I've seen, Kivan doesn't say anything, his dialogues are bad, and he says what he should say on the bottom of the screen. He also speaks in Imoens voice a little. Still, it's pretty fun. You can do this with Drizzt too, and get him to say some of Korgan's (voice acted) lines.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.