How many projects/games have you backed on Kickstarter so far?|
• 16 or more
Location: Games » Neverwinter Nights 2 » Walkthroughs & Guides
Quite a few creatures abound, including Shambling Mounds, Treants, and now two-headed Fell Trolls. Telthor animal spirits often appear out of nowhere, providing ample opportunity to ‘eat’ when needed.
- Exit to the Lake of Tears Garrison.
- Here is a very large and impressive tree that seems to radiate a golden light. You’ll get hints that if the Wood Man is going to appear to you, it will be here.
- Here you’ll find a Telthor Berserker surrounded by some Telthor animal spirits. He’ll relate that the Telthor were driven out of their nearby sanctuary by Frost Giants. That’s only part of the problem. A Dryad spirit used to protect the sanctuary from intruders and has been driven out. He indicates that fully restoring the sanctuary will involve somehow replacing the spirit. You can choose to fight him or use a Diplomacy check to convince him to let himself be devoured to yield a Volatile Spirit Essence, but as far as I can tell neither offers much benefit.
- Here is where you’ll find the Frost Giants led by their Jarl. Speak to their Jarl and you’ll be able to challenge him for his position. What this means is having to fight off several waves of Frost Giants (actually not that hard) as they alternate between attacking you and trying to grab the crown. Last of all comes the Jarl. He can hit really hard so you may want to buff up with spells that regenerate or bestow damage resistance. When it’s done, be sure to demand tribute from him to get the Thicket Favors from him. Now you’re in a position to demand that he leave.
When they’re gone, you’ll find a Pure Sanctuary Water in a nearby pool. More on this later.
In the meantime, the Telthors are demanding that the spirit watching over the Sanctuary be replaced somehow. Placing a spirit essence of any grade will work, as will any of the unique essences such as the Shadow of the Void Essence, the Shape of Fire Essence, or the Jar of Condensed Orglash Essences if you haven’t used it up at the nearby Burning Grove. However you do it, you’ll earn 1,500 xp.
- Roundabouts here you’ll find a hunter’s camp that has apparently been deserted. One item you’ll find here is a book, Ceremonies of the Hunt, that describes a ritual to combine the blood of a powerful creature with two elements to gain the favor of Malar, the evil god of the hunt. Another item you’ll find is the Huntmaster’s Garb.
- Here you’ll find a hunting dog wandering around in random directions. You can calm it down if you show it the Huntmaster’s Garb from #5. If either Gann or Okku are in your party they’ll then be able to speak with it and learn something of what has happened. This gets you 1,000 xp.
- Here you’ll have to fight several Treants. Once they’re dead, you’ll be able to speak with an apparently sick Elder Treant named Gnarlthorn. He’s apparently had a curse resembling a blight for many years now but it has only recently resurfaced. He voices a suspicion that it is the work of Talona, goddess of disease and poison. To undo it requires making a strong enough petition to another deity to interfere. He suggests that you can do this by concocting an anointment and using it on yourself in the presence of a red tree in the Immil Vale to gain the attention of Chauntea the Earthmother. To create the necessary ointment, you’ll need to combine the Pure Sanctuary Water from #4 with two other elements of the forest. He provides you with one of the elements, the Blighted Leaves. The other element will be Burnt Cinders, which can be acquired from the nearby Burning Grove which is accessible at #10 of this area. Use both on the Pure Sanctuary Water found at #4 and you’ll get an Anointing Solution that can be used in the Immil Vale.
In the long term, what is involved is coming back from the Immil Vale with either the Blessed Salve of the Earthmother or the Toxic Plantbane of the Beastlord.
The Salve will restore the section of the forest affected by the blight. Gnarlthorn will insist on you using it on the pool instead of himself, and he passes away. Simply drop it while you’re standing in the water. This earns you 1,500 xp and earns you good points.
Using the Toxic Plantbane in similar fashion will kill the trees affected by the blight and earn you 1,500 xp and evil points. If you’re so inclined and have the Devour Soul ability, you can also elect to consume Gnarlthorn in his weakened state. This yields Gnarlthorn’s Essence. This can be combined with Rags (germane item) through use of the Mold Spirit ability to create Gnarlthorn’s Bow.
Either way several Blightspawned Treants will attack and this quest will be concluded.
- Here is where you’ll find Yukov, a Rashemi Berserker, and Ferala, a Malarite, at odds with each other and about to fight. Siding with Yukov earns you good points. This also results in his dead comrade, Grigarii, rising as a Telthor spirit at #4 provided you clear out the Frost Giants.
Siding with Ferala earns you evil points. She’ll then turn into a Werewolf and then attack you as well. She’ll leave behind the Grasp of Earth Armor. Yurkov also carries the Fatecarver.
- Entrance to the Predator’s Den.
- Entrance to the Burning Grove.
Once you have resolved the problems of the burning grove, the Telthor sanctuary, and the blighted woods, it is time to head back to the Lake of Tears Garrison to make matters come to a head.
Downloads currently hosted on SP: 1119
Adventurers currently exploring SP: 110
Registered forum users currently online:
joacqin, Barmy Army and 110 others hiding in shadows*
Has Sorcerer's Place been useful? If you would like to show your appreciation for all our hard work on the site, and help us pay the bills the site generates every month, please see how you can help support SP. Thank you!
and Legal Disclaimer