^^^ 50% off special!
Location: Games » Baldur's Gate 2 » Walkthroughs & Guides
RESTORE KANGAXX'S BODY
At 12 in the Docks District, next to the Sea's Bounty Tavern, lies a quiet and unassuming house. The door is always locked, and nobody has ever seen anyone go in or out.
Check the door for traps (or suffer the Level Drain penalty – your choice!), enter Kangaxx's House, kill the Minotaurs who meet you on the first floor, and go down the stairs. At 5, click the coffin. A golden skull speaks to you and begs you to find its missing body parts which evil enemies have taken away and hidden, cursing the skull to lie forever here, alive and yet not alive. The only clue the skull can give you is that the enemies will probably be lying in graves much like this one.
Of course you may ask yourself why anyone would do such a thing to the poor skull! For example if the skull hasn't deserved its fate. But there's some nice loot at the end, so by all means accept the quest!
CAREFUL: I strongly suggest that you wait with this quest until you have a very experienced party. You will have to fight two Liches along the way, before you can raise Kangaxx and fight his Lich form and then his Demi-Lich form.
- First, go to the Temple District. If you haven't been here before, you will see a strange gathering at 4. This leads to the Unseeing Eye quest which you will need to solve before you can get to the first of the two graves. So follow the priest who approaches you to the relevant temple and accept this quest.
- In connection with the Unseeing Eye quest you will have to enter the Sewers under the Temple District and from there the Unseeing Eye Cult area.
- At 15 in the Unseeing Eye Cult, you will find a grave like the one where you found the golden skull. Prepare for battle against a Lich, then click the coffin a couple of times to release the Shade Lich. He chides you for following the whims of Kangaxx and attacks.
- Kill the Shade Lich (22,000 XP), then click its coffin again. You will get the Golden Arm and Leg.
- Next, go to the Bridge District. At 17 you will find a few doors. The one at (x=1600, y=3350) is trapped and leads into a house that happens not to be marked on your map.
- Enter the House of the Elemental Lich and go down the stairs. You will find yet another grave like the first one.
- Again, prepare for a Lich battle, then click the coffin twice. This time an Elemental Lich appears. Again, the Lich thinks you are foolish to follow the whims of this Kangaxx character.
- Kill the Elemental Lich (22,000 XP), then click the coffin to receive the Golden Torso.
- Return to the Docks District and ... well, before continuing you may want to rest in the inn and refresh your spell books. You just might need them.
- Return to Kangaxx's House and go downstairs. Make preparations for battle with a Lich, followed by a Demi-Lich! When you give the golden skull the Golden Arm and Leg and the Golden Torso, it rises as Kangaxx the Lich. When you have killed the Lich, it turns into Kangaxx the Demi-Lich. The following is my suggested strategy:
- First, give the Golden Arm and Leg and the Golden Torso to a Mage or Bard who can cast fifth level spells. Have this NPC cast Spell Immunity and set the protection to Abjuration. This will protect against Imprisonment spells.
- The whole party should also be prepared with Remove Fear and Haste.
- Have the party's Cleric or Druid cast a Death Ward on the character. Also, give that character a +4 or better weapon. Have him or her stand closest to the coffin. The idea is to have the Demi-Lich cast his Imprisonment spells on the mage who will be immune to Abjuration spells.
- Place characters with +4 or better weapons behind the Mage. Ideally, they should also be able to cast Sunray (7th Level Cleric spell, but you can also cast it from the long sword Daystar +1 or the Helm of Brilliance).
- Now click the coffin to have the Mage give the Arm and leg and torso to the golden skull. Kangaxx rises as a Lich. Kill him. A double shot of Sunray will usually kill the Lich form outright.
- But of course when the Lich goes down, the Demi-Lich rises.
- In his Demi-Lich form, Kangaxx has no physical attack. But he can cast unlimited Imprisonment spells as an innate ability. He will always cast it at the nearest character; hence the need to have the Mage stand closest to him. He can also cast Demilich Howl, a high-level Death spell; hence the Death Ward.
So long as your Mage (or Bard; Haer'Dalis is perfect for this role with his high Strength score and his ability to cast Mage spells) is standing closest to Kangaxx, other party members with longer-ranging weapons (two-handed swords, quarterstaffs, etc.) can stand behind the mage and hack away.
- Simply hack him to pieces and Kangaxx should go down in no time. Besides 55,000 XP for killing him, he also leaves behind the Ring of Gaxx and minor treasure.
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, DVDs, Books
Downloads currently hosted on SP: 1157
Adventurers currently exploring SP: 137
Forumites currently online:
Has Sorcerer's Place been useful? If you'd like to show your appreciation for our hard work on the site, and help us pay the bills the site generates every month, please consider helping support SP. Thank you!